Thursday, September 17, 2009

Robert The Bruce gets a makeover!

Sadly when we tried to get our 1990 Honda Accord (aka Robert The Bruce) inspected for registration in Virginia, he didn't pass. They said he needed new rear brake shoes, and that our red plastic and tape job on our broken tail light was not up to par. To explain.....

On Valentine's Day 2008, Sydney and I were returning to Logan from a lovely day in South Jordan with my family. There was a huge snow storm and Sardine Canyon was bad news! We ended up getting rear ended and spinning across the opposite lane of traffic. Lucky for us, the car wasn't damaged other than the rear tail light and the trunk is a little funky. So, I got some red cellophane and taped it on the rear of the car like a light. It worked great.....

Until we came to Virginia. So, last week, Syd and I changed the brake shoes, and installed a new tail light for old Bruce. It took a little hammering on the car to get it to fit, since the metal was pretty bent from where we got hit. I think it looks pretty good.

We also had a ward activity called a
"Fish Fry." It was a great time. Our ward mission leader, Brother Chambliss deep fried up a bunch of fish and it was delicious. There were a lot of people there and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. I made a new friend with a little boy in our ward named Skyler. We started playing games with my wedding ring. Spinning it around on the table, hiding it behind our backs, putting it in our mouths....well...I guess only Skyler did that. He loved it!




That's all for now. I think I will need an entire new post to include all the detail about Damon, the incredibly awesome street wanderer I met while working on the car at our parking lot. Words can barely describe. I'm trying to find him again so I can get a picture and maybe a video. As a preview, for most of our 2 hour conversation, he referred to me as Kurt Cobain, but asked me why I'd had plastic surgery. Later, he told me of his wonderful business idea to grow Indian-grown colored popcorn. He was talking about how much money we'd make and how we should do it. I was trying to be nice and just said, "Yeah, that would be sweet." He looked at me and said, "No. It would be salty." What a treat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Syd makes a great Vana White