Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Trip to the Bahamas!

Sorry for the blog neglect. It has been a crazy summer for us. I finally took my board exam almost a month ago, and since I finished that, things have been non-stop action for us. Sydney had girls camp the next week. I did our young men camp the next week. Then we went on a cruise to the Bahamas the next week. We'll do posts about camps later. For now...the cruise!

We sailed out of Baltimore which was really nice. Took us about 2 hours to drive up. Not paying for flights was enjoyable.

Some Highlights:
The food!

The photo they snapped as we boarded the ship. Sydney said that she, "Wants the world to see this picture."

The sunsets.

Beach at Paradise Island in Nassau. The water was delicious!

Bike ride by the beach in Freeport. This was my favorite part. We went on a 12 mile bike ride around the island and got to see a lot and play at the beach.

Sydney and her new bag at the market.

No explanation.

Rainy in Nassau. At least it quit after a little bit.

Oh yeah!

Amazing giant Jenga that Sydney and I dominated!

More sunsets.

More...

Oh dinner time. How you be so silly?

Strawberry soup!

Fancy night!

Sydney and her land crab.



Taino Beach in Freeport. We jumped off the dock and it was awesome!

No comment.

Beautiful Botanical Gardens.

Late Dinner.

These hammocks were awesome.

Syd's face is precious, but this food looks delicious!

We sure had a lot of fun!

That's all for now. There are many stories to tell. I got chosen out of the audience to go up on stage with a juggling guy. That was pretty awesome. We totally juggled together. No pictures or video because the camera was in my pocket. I wish Emory and Tessa could have seen their clown uncle go.

Orientation for next year starts for me on Tuesday next week. I'm excited to actually learn some doctor things...like how to take care of patients. It's been a busy week this week trying to get ready. I fixed up our mopeds, and my motorcycle project is nearly finished. I'll get some pictures up of that too.

3 comments:

The Maughans said...

Love it and jealous! Last week we went to a juggling show at the library and Tessa kept yelling, "My uncnull can do THAT!" Then the guy pulled out a six-foot unicycle and the girls were amazed that their "uncle" can do that too.

Kelsey Romph said...

That sounds/looks like so much fun!!!

audrey said...

Oh my gosh. So glad you got to go to Paradise Island and Freeport. Norm and I went alot of years ago and had such a great time. I had almost forgotten about it. Loved the pictures I hear you did well on your test good for you. Love you both