Thursday, September 19, 2013

Back To Real Life...sorta

Upon returning to Utah we had a week of fun with our families before packing up our home yet again, and moving to the other side of the country to our new home in Spokane.


Moving and driving. So much fun!!! ...not really. Driving through Montana and Northern Idaho was beautiful though.

And we LOVE our new rental house. My favorite craftsman style, cheap, a big back yard, basement storage for all of Josh's project stuff, and even a dog door for Fiz. :)

Upon arriving we set a record unpacking and decorating the house. (We're getting really good at it now.) And then got to work making ourselves comfortable...


And getting to know our city.


We also took the opportunity to use our new, first time as a married couple, health care coverage and got ourselves some spectacles like the oldies we are.

After a little over a month of Josh working at the hospital for hours on end, and not being able to find a job for myself, Fiz and I decided that we would head back to Utah two weeks early for Adam and Amanda's wedding. (Josh's little brother.) I felt incredibly bad leaving Josh all alone in Spokane while I left to go have some fun, but I really only got to see him maybe an hour a day because he was working nights, and needed some distraction. So... Fiz and I packed up our stuff again and drove the 10 hours back to spend a weekend of fun in Bear Lake with the Christiansens...
along the way, acquiring a ganglion cyst from some epic water wienie riding (which my husband so lovingly popped this morning by slamming a dictionary down on it. Thanks Dr. Josh)...

 and torching my nose in the hot sun. (Small prices to pay.)


I also spent a whole week with my family down in Mapleton, hanging out in the beautiful Utah evenings, antique shopping with my mom, a day at seven peaks, and several days helping redecorate the kitchen.


After the fun in Mapleton I headed back up to the Christiansens to help with wedding prep and to hang out with some cute babies.


All the while in Spokane Josh was having the time of his life working on his new/old truck...


And riding everywhere on his bike because he was working on his truck. (Notice the Five Guys in the bottleholder. :)) 

In his little free time he also managed to put together THE most amazing gifts for our five year anniversary, which we celebrated late since we were in different states on the actual day.
He got two new batteries for his cordless drill. Woohoo!! So exciting. Not.
And I got decorations, a barf bag love letter, a giant stump (pics of that to come later) scrap wood for other projects, and 75 surprise pre-planned dates in the form of dating Bingo! Amazing I know. I still can't get over it.


But before I got to see all those amazing things we had a week still left in Utah, together this time. We spent one night in the same hotel where we spent our wedding night to celebrate five years of amazingness. Then we went camping with my parents for two days. Then went back to the Christiansens to help more with the wedding which included creating this absolute gem. 




After which we actually attended the wedding of the love birds which was amazing.

One last fun date at a Real Soccer game with my parents and Todd and Amanda, and then the next day we were back to this..


Thanks family! It was a fun time!

No comments: