Friday, May 13, 2016

Katelyn Visits!

After the exciting adventures of jail time Josh and I made it the rest of the way to Utah without any further mishap. With so much stress from the trip we waited until the following day to tell family about our pregnancy. We did it while we were out to breakfast and were chided for doing it at such an inopportune time. (What can I say? We were new to the whole "we're pregnant" announcing thing.) There may have been a scream from Lisa and tears shed by most and it was all very great and happy. We weren't going to see my parents until later on in the week, but I couldn't wait to tell them too, so we met for dinner that night and I filled them in on the exciting news. More tears and more happiness. It was all around a great time.

The rest of our trip was great pretty low key. Pregnancy is EXHAUSTING for me in the beginning so I did a load of napping. And Josh couldn't do much because of his broken leg. Soon our vacation had come to an end, but happily we were heading home with Katelyn.

Quick side story. All in all my pregnancy was amazing. In the very beginning I was incredibly tired, but after a few weeks that ended and I was mostly left with a pallet for very bland foods. Sometimes I would get slightly nauseated, but it really wasn't too bad. The worst of it happened on our drive home from Utah. We had stopped to grab a bite to eat, during which Kate and I switched places in the car. While climbing in I somehow stepped in some sort of weird goo that looked like snot and accidentally got it on Kate's backpack. I felt bad and was trying to clean it off, but couldn't stomach it. I kept gagging every time I looked at or touched the goo. It was funny and also pathetic, but in the end the goo won and my Panda Express ended up on the pavement.

Anyway, back to Kate's visit. Sadly Josh and I both still had to work, but Kate was cool with it and did her own thing some of the days. Other days she came on a few dog walks with me. When Josh had a day off we hiked Rattlesnake Ledge again. It was MUCH wetter this time. I was sitting two dogs that we brought with us and we all got thoroughly soaked. It was still great fun though.





At one point Kate tried "farmer blowing" to rid her of some boogers and ended up with the most amazing snot string EVER! Yummy. Clearly Fiz and Harlow were interested. 


Josh and Kate road bikes across the Lake Washington floating bridge when I was at work one day, and we spent some time at Seward park looking closely at rocks... and taking pictures of witchcraft... Seattle is always full of interesting things. We wished Kate could have stayed longer, but she left us for Oregon and cute kiddos after just a few days. Come back soon!



No comments: