Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Couldn't Be Prouder


So, since I've been bragging to everyone I talk to, I figure I might as well blog about it as well. This last Sunday in Fast and Testimony meeting, 3 of my young men got up to bear their testimonies. Eric shared his testimony about how he's been so busy with school he's only read his scriptures twice in the past week. Also he told a hilarious story about talking with his school counselor about religion. Raul shared a fantastic scripture are repentance and gave a strong testimony about how we can repent when we make mistakes. Yusu bore his testimony about the church and his belief in Jesus Christ. You have got to love these boys! I sure do.

Tonight we were going fishing for our activity. Tay is really into fishing and has been wanting to go for awhile now. It was freezing but fun. I tried to take a few pictures.
Despite having about 7 fishing poles in the water among the 4 of us, we didn't catch anything other than cold. It was a lot of fun. Something else that the boys have gotten into lately is getting me to let them drive my car around the parking lot. Tay is 17, Raul is 16, and Eli turns 16 this year along with Eric. None of them have their licenses or get to drive much. I want to try and get them all jobs this summer so that they can start saving towards having a car. It is really hard for them to find jobs, since they don't have any way to get there, other than the bus. We'll get them working. :)

Eric also had a brand new suit on for church on Sunday. Someone in the ward took him out shopping for a cheap nice suit that they got tailored for him. Very nice! I'm considering trying to start a fundraising fund among members of the church I know towards getting these boys a suit for their 16th birthday. It would be fun!

Looking forward to our temple trip on Saturday. Sydney spent the whole night with her primary presidency making really cool scripture cases for the primary children. I'll have to get her to take some pictures of how cool they look. They really did a great job.


1 comment:

The Christiansen's said...

let us know about the suit fund...we will be the first to donate :)