Saturday, February 5, 2011

Team Vector!

That's right. Sydney and I named our bowling team VECTOR! We have both direction AND magnitude. If you couldn't tell, bowling league started on Thursday and we are loving it. Our last league ended in November, and we have been really wishing and hoping for it to start up again.

It's a Social League, which is a lot of fun. They give everyone a handicap that adds to their average to make 200. That means that it's fair for everyone to play regardless of your skill level. It also makes for some pretty fierce competition. We took 2nd place last fall and have every intention of taking it all this time around. The first week is just a fun week where you establish your handicap. Everyone jokes about bowling really badly on purpose so they can build up a good handicap for the season. We totally screwed that up. I bowled a 213 average for the 3 games (with a 240 for my final game).

I attribute my bowling luck to the feverishly attractive bowling shirts that my mom made for Syd and I as a Christmas present. I meant to take a picture at the bowling alley, but forgot, so these photos will have to do for now.
I have some pretty attractive hat hair in this photo. Sydney made me take my hat off because you "couldn't see my eyes."
One of our bowling friends, Darryl, begged me to talk to my mom about making a shirt for him. He said if I did it, he'd do anything for me. "Even if you were broke down in Alaska, you could call me and I'd come get you." Darryl is also famous for his turkey gobble that can be heard throughout the entire bowling alley. We love being in our bowling league.

Also this week, we had a interviewee at VCU from Utah State come and stay with us. He's the 4th student that we've hosted while they've been interviewing here. A student hosted me when I interviewed at Wisconsin, and Sam Allen let me stay with him when I interviewed here. It's always fun to have the little guys come stay with us. They're always super excited and full of energy about medical school. :)

While he was here, I "attempted" to replace our leaky radiator. (Can't even begin to count how much I've worked on our car in the past month) I say "attempt," because after getting the old one out and putting the new one in, I found that the ATF lines did not fit (a.k.a. the radiator was the wrong one). You may say, no big deal. Radiators aren't that hard to put in and take out. Not in normal cars. This car was a huge pain and took forever. PAIN PAIN PAIN! So, I got to get up early on Wednesday morning and put the old leaky radiator BACK into our car so that Sydney could use it for work that day. Oh, the joys of having one car. (Don't worry. The leak is holding pretty well with a little JB Weld. We'll see if I end up trying to get the correct radiator and doing that circus show again.) Don't you love life?

1 comment:

The Christiansen's said...

boo on the radiator :( It sounds like my life sometimes....it seems I am always getting myself in those kinds of situations. Well you know what they say about the apple and it not falling far from the tree ;) Love the poses in the shirts. You need to do some kind of iron on transfer of "Team Vector" though.