Thursday, April 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Syd!

It's been awhile for a post. Sorry. It was Syd's birthday this past Tuesday. Kinda unfortunate, since that's our activity night, and we both have YM and YW to do. That's okay. We just celebrated on Wednesday. That didn't stop Fatima (the mother of 1 of my YM and 2 of Syd's YW) from organizing a huge surprise for Syd at the church. I'll have to let Sydney tell the story (since I wasn't there), but apparently she went all out. She loves Sydney, and so do I!

This is my famous falling/tripping bowling shot. It usually ends with a strike.

We're getting pretty excited to move. It's set for the 29th. In preparation, Sydney really wanted a new couch. So, we drove up to IKEA and got ourselves a couch! Thanks SOOO much to my parent's contribution to a present that really made my Sydney's birthday great!
Don't mind the mess on the table (mostly instructions from putting the couch together - gotta love IKEA!). We'll take a better picture later. Just Syd taking a Sunday nap on her new couch.

The best Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake ever!

A helmet for her moped. We'll do a photo-shoot later.


2 comments:

The Maughans said...

We thought it was about time for her birthday, I just couldn't remember. Ironically we put together this puzzle today and I asked what we should name it? Tessa thought hard about it, and then said, "Sydney, if it's a girl; Josh if it's a boy." http://www.csnstores.com/Melissa-and-Doug-445-JW1292.html (Here's what the puzzle looks like, just in case you wanted to know :)

The Christiansen's said...

Rachel...thanks for the morning chuckle from my hilarious granddaughter!
Love the birthday pictures...I was a little dissapointed there wasn't one of the Fatima birthday surprise. :(