Monday, October 24, 2011

Old Rag, part 2

This past weekend we celebrated the end of my inpatient portion of my pediatrics rotation by hiking Old Rag again. Well....kind of. It turned out that at least 1 million other people thought they would do the same thing. Ever waited in line when hiking? That when we decided to turn back. Overall, it was still a pretty awesome day. Sure beats the heck out of working. And we made it about 3/4 of the way up.
The head of the trail.

Sydney snapped this photo when I least suspected it. :) I promise I'm just climbing over.

Just Spencer hanging out on a mountain...

Yep

"My name is Spencer and I disapprove of this line."

There's no telling what dangers lie ahead.

The line that broke the camel's back. We turned back at this point.

All in all, Sydney had a great time!

It was a lot of fun and we really like this hike. Too bad there were so many people there. We finished the evening off with a double feature at The Byrd of Captain America and Cowboys and Aliens. I was just happy not to work. The movies were okay. Sydney and I realized that it was the first time we had been to a movie theater since we were home for Christmas last year, and my parents took us to a movie. :)

Otherwise, things have been the usual. We're tired of figuring out how to travel home to Utah for Christmas without selling body parts. If anyone has an old teleporter...we could definitely use it.

1 comment:

JDizzle said...

I can't say that I've ever waited in line for hiking, good thing school is only 4 years cuz I'm running out of body parts to sell for my plane tickets.