Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cardio is DONE!

So...we were in the car this morning picking up Young Men for church. I had just about rounded up all of them, when Rakiyat (one of Yusu's sister's) came running out of his house and up to our car. I rolled down the window and she informed me that the power is out at the church building and that church has been cancelled. :(

It was even worse because 2 of my young men (Tay and Yusu) were to be giving talks in sacrament meeting today. What did we do? We didn't get all dressed up for church for nothing. We headed over to our house and cooked up some delicious food and had our own "church." The menu? FRIED.

French Fries
Fried Chicken Strips
CHURROS!!!!
After we ate, we had Yusu and Tay give their talks to us. The topic was Forgiveness. Then we had a great discussion. I'm so impressed with the spirituality and maturity of these boys.


It's nice to be done with another block of school. Free weekends are a blessing. I love not having anything I "have" to study. I guess there's always boards that I could be studying for. Cardiology wasn't too bad of a course though. The test was pretty fair, which is always nice.

Our poor car has decided to be a crap-face lately. I've replaced: a control arm, a wheel bearing, a tie rod, 4 brand new tires (we got a flat and it was really about time for new ones) and now I just found a large crack in our radiator yesterday. Barf! I'll be getting up tomorrow morning to rush and get a new radiator and hurry and throw it in before Sydney has to get to her dog visits. Should be exciting!

For those of you who may follow this blog, the answer to last weeks question is F. Aortic stenosis in his sixties. So don't worry, there will be plenty more blog posts before you're rid of me. :)


1 comment:

The Maughans said...

I thought you were giving up on Cardio X from the title, and I wouldn't have blamed you! I desperately want to come visit, and meet your YM - they sound exponentially cooler than the ones in Granola Town.