Friday, March 5, 2010

One More Test Down!

   I just finished a nasty Renal & GI Physiology test and it feels sooo sooo great!  I did really well, despite trying my hand at not going to class.  (I probably didn't attend more classes than I did)  I got up at 5:00 am this morning to get some last minute cramming in.  Don't let anyone tell you that cramming doesn't work.  I'm living proof that it does.

Here's one of my favorite pictures from this section's syllabus.  Even if you're 25 and in med school, it still makes you giggle!
   I have just one more week of class and then it will finally be spring break.  I've been needing this break for awhile, and it is going to be awesome!  Sydney's parents are coming to visit us and we'll be busy all week seeing all the fantastic sites.  I know that plans include visiting; Washington D.C., Williamsburg, Jamestown, Richmond (of course), & anything else Jim and Kaylene feel like doing.  It should be a nice break for me & Syd and a good vacation for Jim & Kaylene.  (At least having their daughter move across the country is making them travel!)

Since the weather has been warming up (it's supposed to be 65 F on Sunday) we're getting ready for motorcycle season!  The bike that we bought only comes with a single passenger seat, so I've been trying to find a cost effective solution to let us ride together.  HDForums is awesome for finding used Harley stuff for great prices.  I got this really night Mustang Daytripper Seat with a tear in it that is my project for this weekend.  I'll post some pictures when I'm finished.

Also, I've decided to invest in a sissy bar for Syd's sake.  I like my wife.  I'd like to keep her.  Hence, sissy bar.  I found a reasonably priced one on Ebay and just got it back from powder coating on Wednesday.  It looks pretty good (still not put together & the pad is still in the car).  

Finally, over Christmas, Sydney got a plant/bulb thing from a client that she walks dogs for.  We finally planted the thing and it's sprouted up like a nutcase.  I'm no plant expert.  I actually know nothing about plants, but this one is a healthy one!  We're putting our 5 windows to good use!

Likely we'll be posting again once Kaylene and Jim have come and we've had something else to take pictures of.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I know that I will!  NO STUDYING!!!!

2 comments:

The Christiansen's said...

Ok, i thought I was done with nasty biological diagrams...apparently I have to live with another 4 years of it! blech. cool seat ant sissy bar though. I am jealous. Your dad won't buy one.

The Maughans said...

Amaryllis? We got one from a friend and it's already come and gone. Tess loved it too much one day and it was decapitated.
Ironically, Cory's doing an IM/GI rotations; you should hear his description of all things "pooper" related in a fantastic Indian accent!