Thursday, January 27, 2011

Churro Churro Churro!

This week for our young men's activity we did another one of our famous cooking nights. The boys like learning how to cook and it's always fun to eat good food. This time it was Mexican food night. Total menu items: a huge pot of 4 pounds of shredded pork (they ate it all), chicken fajitas, Tay has a special nacho/meat/sauce dish he calls Ro-Tel, lime-cilantro rice, black beans, chips, homemade salsa, YUM!

I was cracking up how much of a hard time the boys were having cutting up the onions for the fajitas. That's why we're practicing right? Their eyes were all watering and they were complaining like they were dying. So funny! It looked like an onion had exploded all over the table and cutting boards where they where chopping.

Initially, we had also planned to make churros for dessert, but we were all too full and ran out of time. So, Sydney and I made churros ourselves last night. As I often do when cooking, I sang a beautiful churro song that sounded more Indian than Hispanic.
Even though they look like worms, they were delicious!

I've got a cardiology test tomorrow that I'm procrastinating studying for by updating the blog. (Caution...medical content ahead)
So, I was doing some Step 1 questions the other day, and I got this one.

A Caucasian male neonate dies shortly after being born. Autopsy shows a bicuspid aortic valve. Had he survived, the patient would most likely have experienced:

A. Ventricular arrhythmia at school age
B. Aortic stenosis in infancy
C. Overwhelming infection in his twenties
D. Leaking aortic aneurysm in his thirties
E. Atrial fibrillation in his forties
F. Aortic stenosis in his sixties

Some background information. I happen to HAVE a bicuspid aortic valve, so this question woke me up a little from my studying coma since I AM still alive. This question is about me! It felt like I was reading some magical Step 1 Ouija board, and the answer I chose would decide my fate.


Anyone know the answer?

This is how I found my wife and dog after studying for a long time downstairs. Too cute.

When you spend a lot of time at home studying, you get bored and take a lot of pictures of your only friend while your wife is at work. Your dog.

YM basketball had a tough loss last Saturday. Same score as the week before (32-30), but we were the 30 this time. It's okay. They're all looking forward to this week.

It's also about that time to start planning something awesome for Spring Break. Sydney's parents came and visited us last year. We don't have any plans yet for this year. Any suggestions?



1 comment:

The Christiansen's said...

I guessed it right even before I read that it was what you have! I guess I was listening when the doctor was explaining your condition huh?
And it is so funny that you made Churros....we tried to make some when SueAnn and fam came for tamale night after Christmas. First they were too fat and doughy then they were like tasty little cinnamon straws. But i gave up on them being the main dessert and was going to serve them with ice cream...except David J. found them first. :)